Rajeshwari Kumari and Kynan Chenai shot 133 in mixed trap and lost the shoot-off for the final 2-3 to the eventual silver medallist Iran in the Qatar Open shotgun championship in Doha.
The Australian team of Michael Coles and Laetisha Scanlan won the gold 35-34 ahead of Iran, after topping qualification with 138.
Earlier on Sunday, India's Zoravar Singh Sandhu shot 119 and missed the final by two points in men’s trap event.
Zoravar had a series of 24, 25, 23, 25 and 22. Olympian Chenai and Prithviraj Tondaiman shot identical scores of 117.
National championship silver medallist Tondaiman had missed a day's training as he delayed by the airline authorities in India, who did not ler him fly with his gun.
In women’s trap, Shagun Chowdhary had the best score of 107 among the Indian shooters, that placed her 25th.
The junior men’s gold and silver medals were won by Vivaan Kapoor (118) and Manavaditya Rathore (115).
The Asian Championship, offering the final Olympic quota places for the continent is scheduled to be held in Doha by the end of the season, and the shooters are keen to get a healthy exposure to the range.
Mixed trap: 1. Australia (Michael Coles, Laetisha Scanlan) 35 (138); 2. Iran (Seyed Babak Yeganeh Rohollani, Shiva Farahpour Bidgoli) 34 (133)3; 3. France (Sebastien Guerrero, Melanie Couzy) 28 (135); 7. India (Kynan Chenai, Rajeshwari Kumari) 133(2); 20. India-A (Shagun Chowdhary, Bhowneesh Mendiratta) 127; 35. India-B (Vikram Kakade, Sharayu Dalvi) 109; 36. India-C (Vheejay Jaadhavar, Varsha Tomar) 107.
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, October 1: Tajinderpal, Avinash Sable win gold; Harmilan, Ajay, Jinson win 1500m medals; Sreeshankar wins long jump silver; Nikhat Zareen wins bronze; India 2-1 China in men’s badminton final
- Kerala Blasters vs Jamshedpur FC LIVE, ISL 2023-24: KBFC v JFC updates; When, where to watch; Kick-off at 8 PM IST
- Asian Games 2023: Seema Punia wins discus bronze in Hangzhou
- Indian sports news wrap, October 1
- Asian Games 2023: Nandini Agasara wins bronze in women’s heptathlon