India's Joshna Chinappa defeated Malaysian legend Nicol David in straight games in their first-round match at the $107,000 Women's Black Ball Squash Open, a Professional Squash Association World Tour gold event, in Cairo late on Monday.
Chinappa took a little over half an hour to beat the eight-time world champion 11-8, 11-6, 12-10.
This is the third time Chinappa has beaten the Malaysian great since her phenomenal effort in April 2018 at another tournament in Cairo.
On Monday, Chinappa took the first two games easily, before David fought back in the third. The points went neck and neck before the Indian got the better of her opponent for a place in the last 16, where she will play sixth seed Sarah-Jane Perry of England late on Tuesday.
- Fernando Alonso feeling great after hinting at retirement
- Spurs’ Postecoglou issues social media warning as Sessegnon speaks out
- PSG held to goalless draw at Monaco
- Late Okafor strike earns Milan 1-0 win at depleted Lazio
- Bayern Munich concedes late equaliser in 2-2 draw with Freiburg