Over a glorious quarter of a century he starred for AC Milan on the football pitch, now at 49 years of age Paolo Maldini has qualified for a tennis tournament in Milan.
Maldini, now working as a director at Miami FC, qualified by wild card in the doubles event in the weekend long Aspria Tennis Cup, part of the challenger circuit, the level below the ATP.
"He's got a good service, he doesn't have a speciality shot but he has no weak points either," his partner and coach Stefano Landonio told local media.
Maldini won 26 trophies with AC Milan including five Champions Leagues before finally hanging up his boots in 2009 aged 41. He also played 126 times for Italy.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: ENG 133/6, leads by 179 runs; Foakes, Hartley at crease
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Saurashtra loses three vs TN; Solanki smashes century vs Mumbai
- Yathiraj, Pramod and Krishna win gold medals at Para Badminton World Championships
- Fighting knock from fighter’s son: Dhruv Jurel walks in footsteps of father, a Kargil War veteran
- Gopi Thonakal wins elite men’s race in New Delhi Marathon