Sachin Tendulkar has expanded his social media presence by joining LinkedIn . Sachin, who has amassed over 30,000 runs across formats, said on his profile: “Excited to be on LinkedIn! Look forward to explore this wonderful platform #SachinOnLinkedIn.” His first, and so far only, post on his profile titled My Second Innings talks about life beyond cricket.
The post talks about his transition from cricket life and gives details of his social projects. “One of the highlights of my post-cricket years has been the adoption of Puttamraju Kandriga, a village in Andhra Pradesh. Seeing the village don a new look after two years of intensive infrastructural development, had a joy that can’t be put into words.
“A project called ‘Spreading Happiness’, that I am involved in, provides electricity to deprived areas. Arrangements to tap solar energy have been made in over 73 villages and nearly 25,000 people have been impacted by the same. The mission to ‘light up’ homes across the length and breadth of the country will continue,” the post said.
His profile bio reads “Indian, Cricketer, Mentor, Change-maker” and and is the first cricketer to have a profile on the platform.
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer