NHL All-Star defenseman P.K. Subban and Olympic gold medal-winning skier Lindsey Vonn are engaged, the couple announced Friday morning in a story on Vogue.com .
“Right off the bat, I knew he was different,” Vonn said in the story. “But I’d been married before, so I was pretty hesitant to let myself think that I could find someone that I would want to be married to again. After a few months of dating, I knew he was the one I wanted to be with, though. He makes me happy, and he’s so positive and energetic.”
“Lindsey’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me," Subban said. "There are people in life that deserve to be with good people. They have that person who takes care of them and makes them smile, and she deserves to be with someone who loves her more than anything else in the world, and I do.”
Traded by the Predators to the Devils this offseason, Subban, 30, is one of the NHL's top defensemen. He played the first seven seasons of his 10-year career with the Canadiens, winning the Norris Trophy in 2013. He had been with the Predators since 2016-17.
Vonn, 34, retired after last year's World Cup season to close a 19-year career. She broke the record for most medals in World Championships competition by an American with eight (two gold) in addition to winning three Olympic medals (one gold).
Details of where and when the wedding will be are up in the air, they said. The couple has been dating for more than a year.
Subban proposed last month at their Los Angeles home, according to Vogue, but "(w)e’re not in a big hurry to get married," Vonn said.
- Italy beats Australia, reclaims Davis Cup title after 47 years
- IPL 2024: Hardik Pandya’s likely transfer to Mumbai Indians continues to be talking point hours after retention deadline
- Ducati’s Bagnaia wins Valencia GP to defend MotoGP title, Jorge Martin crashes
- Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: Hamilton concerned by Red Bull’s enduring advantage
- Women’s Super League: Lauren James steers Chelsea to win over Leicester, Arsenal beats West Ham