The number of teams who have the distinction of registering 200+ scores in successive matches in T20I cricket. India became the sixth side to do so at Malahide in Dublin – both coming against the hapless Irishmen.
T20I sides registering totals of 200+ in successive innings:
Note:New Zealand’s next game at the Oval two days later on 27 June 2013, was washed out, with New Zealand not able to bat.
All the above totals came in the first innings of the match.
The number of batsmen to aggregate 2000 or more runs in T20I cricket. Virat Kohli at Manchester became the latest to reach this landmark in T20I history. Interestingly, the last two to do so, Malik and Kohli were able to achieve the landmark in a matter of three days – all during the first week of July, while Martin Guptill, did so earlier this year in January.
The 2000 run club in T20Is
+ He also appeared for a World XI
** Rohit Sharma 76 innings, 83 matches is 14 short of 2000 runs (Age 31y-68d, Span 10y-9m-10d)
** Virat Kolhi is the quickest to reach the above landmark in fewest matches and innings. He is also the youngest and the quickest to reach the landmark in fewest days.
The number of runs scored between Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma for the opening wicket for India in T20Is. This pair now has the highest aggregate between any opening pair in T20I history.
The number of international matches played by MS Dhoni since his debut for India against Bangladesh at Chittagong on 23 December 2004 in an ODI match, when he was run out of the first ball he faced for a duck! Actually he has appeared in 497 internationals for India and three for an Asia XI (in ODIs). He thus became the ninth player (and third Indian after Sachin Tendulkar 664 and Rahul Dravid 509) to appear in 500 or more matches in international cricket.
The table below progressively charts his international career while reaching each landmark.
Note: All figures above are updated as on 7 July 2018
- Sportstar Hangout E01: India men’s hockey team captain Harmanpreet Singh on Olympic aspirations, his daughter Ruhanat and the drive to keep improving
- Al Nassr 4-1 Al Riyadh Highlights: Cristiano Ronaldo scores and assists for Saudi Pro League side
- Russia says IOC rules for Russian athletes ‘discriminatory’
- Real Madrid boss Ancelotti expecting Vinicius to return in January
- Volleyball Club World Championship: Ahmedabad Defenders loses to reigning champion Sicoma Perugia, out of semis race