Swimmer Siva Sridhar created a new ‘Best Indian Performance’ in the men’s 200m individual medley heats at the Short Course World Championships in Melbourne on Tuesday.
Siva clocked 1:59.80s and cut down almost three seconds from the previous best 2:02.42 - also owned by him.
The 22-year-old finished 30th among the 38 swimmers and qualified for the final.
Siva, who hails from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, has recently made the headlines in the Khelo India University Games when he won two gold medals at 200m individual medley and 100m backstroke.
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Musheer Khan’s double-century puts Mumbai in strong position on Day 2
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Indrajith steps up again as Tamil Nadu asserts control over Saurashtra on Day 2
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Sai Kishore’s fifer keeps Tamil Nadu in command against Saurashtra on Day 1
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Karun Nair’s knock gives Vidarbha the upper hand against Karnataka on Day 2
- RCB vs UPW, WPL 2024: Asha Shobana Joy becomes first Indian to take five wickets in WPL history