Manika Batra entered the women's singles quarterfinal of the World Table Tennis Contender Lasko here on Friday with an 11-6, 8-11, 12-10, 11-4 victory over Daria Trigolos of Belarus. However, G. Sathiyan lost to Sweden's Jon Persson 5-11, 11-8, 8-11, 10-12 in the men's pre-quarterfinal.
Two Indian pairs, one in women's doubles and one in mixed doubles, made it to the semifinals. In a women's doubles quarterfinal contest, Manika Batra and Archana Kamath edged out Lucie Gauthier and Audrey Zarif of France 11-6, 8-11, 11-8, 8-11, 11-6 and in mixed doubles last-eight clash, Archana partnered Manav Thakkar to outwit the Aussie pair of Qian Yang and Dillon Chambers 11-8, 11-7, 11-4.
Latest on Sportstar
- Cerundolo downs Fritz to reach second week of slam for first time
- Nuggets coach says ‘We haven’t done a damn thing’ in NBA Finals
- Haddad Maia becomes first Brazilian woman to reach French Open last 16 in 44 years
- Fan arrested for ‘97’ slogan on shirt
- Ten Hag’s United “broken” after FA Cup final loss to Manchester City