Former National champion and Arjuna Awardee Anthony Amalraj looks to be in danger of missing out on the World table tennis championships (individual) to be held in Houston, USA from November 23 to 29.
The 35-year-old, who has been provisionally selected for the Worlds as part of the four-member Indian men's team, had applied for the American visa twice (mandatory) in the 'Emergency Request' category, but was denied both times. His next appointment with the Embassy in Chennai falls on March 5 next year.
A perplexed Amalraj tweeted: "Visa papers are ready but not able to get an appointment for visa. Kindly help."--tagging PMO India, Sports Minister Anurag Thakur, External Affairs, SAI, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister's Office, among others.
Later, speaking to Sportstar from Lasko (Slovenia) where he is playing the WTT Contender tournament, Amalraj said: "I humbly request the External Affairs Ministry to intervene and ensure I take part in the World Championships."
- Bayern vs Man United LIVE score, Champions League 2023-24: Lineups out; Kick-off at 12:30 AM IST; BAY vs MUN updates
- Asian Games 2023: Indian football looks for silver lining in Hangzhou; Mandhana eyes win cricket’s quarterfinal
- Bayern Munich vs Manchester United, Champions League: Stage set for tactical showdown of Ten Hag and Tuchel
- India-W vs Malaysia-W Dream11 Prediction, Asian Games quarterfinal: Predicted XI, fantasy teams, squads for Hangzhou 2023
- India to face Pakistan in away tie in Davis Cup 2024 World Group I Play-Off