Defending champion Holger Rune and Botic van de Zandschulp will face off in the final of the ATP tournament in Munich for the second year running.
Top seed Rune booked his ticket to Sunday’s final after defeating Australian Christopher O’Connell in straight sets in Saturday’s semi-final.
The 19-year-old Dane, who has never lost in Munich, made short work of O’Connell, winning 6-3, 6-2.
Ranked 82 in the world, O’Connell made it through to the last four after dispatching home favourite Alexander Zverev in the round of 16.
Later, fourth-seeded Van de Zandschulp beat American Taylor Fritz 6-4, 7-6 (7/2) in his semi-final.
In the 2022 final Rune claimed his first ATP title when Van de Zandschulp retired injured when leading 4-3 in the opening set.
- Asian Games 2023 schedule today, September 22: Indians in action, events, LIVE streaming details, timings in IST
- MotoGP riders give thumbs up to the Buddh International Circuit
- Wrestling World Championships: Antim Panghal wins bronze, guarantees India a Paris Olympic quota
- Putellas, Paredes say Spain players staying to promote change
- MotoGP’s top-four riders have an Indian connection