Nicolas Jarry enjoyed a winning start at the Swedish Open on Tuesday, while Fabio Fognini learned his second-round Croatia Open Umag opponent.
Fifth seed Jarry came through his opener unscathed, beating Henri Laaksonen 7-6 (7-1), 7-5 despite trailing by a break early in the first set.
The Chilean joins compatriot and top seed Cristian Garin, who was handed a bye, in the next round, with the latter to face Jeremy Chardy.
Chardy came through in three sets in his first-round clash with Pablo Carreno Busta, a qualifier this week.
Juan Ignacio Londero and Joao Sousa eased through, while Damir Dzumhur had too much for Casper Ruud.
In Croatia, Fognini was in doubles action as Stefano Travaglia secured a date with his compatriot, beating another Italian in Thomas Fabbiano.
Filip Krajinovic had to wait until late in the day to take on and defeat Taro Daniel, but Martin Klizan let a one-set lead slip up against Facundo Bagnis. Leonardo Mayer, meanwhile, beat Pablo Andujar in straight sets.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 2 Updates: Jagadeesan, Sai Kishore hold key for Tamil Nadu vs Saurashtra
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 2: Root century helps ENG reach 302/7; Robinson unbeaten at 31
- Valencia match postponed after deadly city fire
- Inter Miami completes signing of midfielder Federico Redondo
- Barcelona has not given up hope of winning successive LaLiga titles, says coach Xavi