Czech tennis ace Tomas Berdych has been forced to skip next month’s US Open and the warm up events that precede it due to persistent back problems.
The 32—year—old also missed Wimbledon, where he reached his only Grand Slam final in 2010, losing to Rafael Nadal, reports Xinhua news agency .
“I have been struggling with back pain for a couple of months now and have tried every possible treatment and medical solution,” Berdych was quoted as saying by Czech news agency CTK .
The US Open, the final Grand Slam event on the 2018 tennis calendar, begins on August 27.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: ENG 112/4, leads by 156 runs; Kuldeep gets Crawley after his fifty
- Fighting knock from fighter’s son: Dhruv Jurel walks in footsteps of father, a Kargil War veteran
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Saurashtra loses three vs TN; Mulani picks two in two vs Baroda
- Gopi Thonakal wins elite men’s race in New Delhi Marathon
- WPL 2024: UP Warriorz mentor Lisa Sthalekar impressed with team’s fielding after narrow defeat to RCB