Prisha Shinde of Maharashtra caused a big upset in the quarterfinals of the ongoing 28th Fenesta Open National Tennis Championship 2023 by defeating top-seed Divya Ramesh of Tamil Nadu to enter the semifinals at the DLTA Complex in New Delhi on Thursday.
Playing in the girls’ U-14 category, Prisha looked in complete control of the match right from the beginning and got the better of Divya 6-2, 6-4 in straight sets to move into the semi-finals of the tournament.
Meanwhile, the No. 1 seed in the boys’ U-14 category, Hruthik Katakam of Telangana stamped his authority with another commanding victory by beating Karnataka’s Diganth M 6-0, 6-0 in the last eight.
The boys’ U-16 category also saw some top-notch tennis action as Tamil Nadu’s Thirumurugan V overcame the challenge of Kabir Chothani of Gujarat by 6-4, 7-5 in straight sets to reach the semis. Punjab’s Armaan Walia played a brilliant match using his fast forehands to precision to beat Haryana’s Prateek Sheora 5-7, 6-4, 6-1 in a thrilling three-set battle.
In the girls’ U-16 category, Telangana’s Rishitha Basireddy conquered Harithashree Venktesh of Tamil Nadu 3-6, 6-3, 7-5 in a tough match to move into the last four.
Kabir Chothani of Gujarat and Uttarakhand’s Arnav Yadav reached the final of the boys’ doubles U-16 category after beating Riyan Kashyan and Antariksh Tamuly 6-4, 6-4 in straight sets.
- IND vs ENG Live Score Updates, 3rd Test Day 4: ENG 20/3 vs IND; Pope falls right after Tea
- Indian women clinch historic gold in Badminton Asia Team Championships
- Badminton Asia Team Championships final, India vs Thailand highlights, IND 3-2 THA: Anmol, PV Sindhu, Treesa-Jolly shine as Indian women win historic gold
- Ligue 1: Mbappe scores as sub to help PSG see off Nantes
- AIFF names 23-member squad for Turkish Women’s Cup