Bianca Andreescu will not return to action this month after she was left out of Canada's Fed Cup team for its World Group play-off against the Czech Republic.
Andreescu has been the star of 2019 after winning the Indian Wells title following a final appearance in Auckland and a run to the last four in Acapulco.
Her sensational triumph at Indian Wells saw her beat five seeds – including Garbine Muguruza, Elina Svitolina and Angelique Kerber.
She looked on course for the 'Sunshine Double' in Miami but was forced to withdraw with a right shoulder injury during her last-16 tie against Anett Kontaveit.
Canada had hoped to have Andreescu in its team for the Fed Cup clash in Prostejov, but she remains sidelined.
"Bianca Andreescu was not named in the Canadian Fed Cup team for the upcoming tie against the Czech Republic due to a lingering injury that she suffered during the Miami Open," a Tennis Canada statement read.
"Andreescu has been recuperating and slowly preparing for her return to competition."
The Madrid Open in early May appears a realistic prospect for Andreescu to make her return as she looks to be ready for the French Open at the end of that month.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Haddad Maia upsets Jabeur, reaches semifinals
- French Open 2023: Ruud battles past Rune again, faces Zverev in semifinals
- French Open 2023: Zverev gets past Etcheverry, reaches semifinals
- West Ham beats Fiorentina 2-1 to win Europa Conference League title
- HIGHLIGHTS - FIO 1-2 WHU, UEFA Europa Conference League: Bowen late goal helps West Ham clinch title