Qualifier Ramkumar Ramanathan was beaten 6-4, 6-2 by Alexander Bublik of Kazakhstan in the first round of the Qatar Open in Doha on Monday, which boasts of a prize money of $890,920
For his fine effort in making the main draw, Ramkumar collected 12 ATP points and pocketed $11,270.
Meanwhile, Ankita Raina was outplayed 6-0, 6-1 by the 158th ranked Leonie Kung of Switzerland in the second and final qualifying round of the WTA tennis tournament in Guadalajara, Mexico.
ALSO READ |
Federer feels his story is unfinished, eyes full fitness by Wimbledon
Ankita, who had beaten former world No.5 Sara Errani in the first qualifying round, collected 12 WTA points and $1,950 for her effort.
In doubles, Ankita will partner Paula Kania-Chodun of Poland and take on wild cards Eugenie Bouchard of Canada and Coco Vandeweghe of the US.
- Wrestling Federation of India election date to be announced after December 8
- Junior World Boxing Championships: Payal, Nisha, Akansha strike gold as India ends campaign with 17 medals
- Vijay Hazare Trophy HIGHLIGHTS, Round 7: Samson century in vain as Railways beats Kerala; TN, Karnataka, Bengal win
- IND-W vs ENG-W: This tour is going to be valuable as T20 World Cup will offer similar conditions, says England captain Heather Knight
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Badoni’s 87 in vain as Uttarakhand beats Delhi by 51 runs