India's top-ranked singles player Prajnesh Gunneswaran beat Taiwan's Jason Jung 7-5, 6-4 on Wednesday to enter the final round of qualification at the Indian Wells ATP Masters tournament. Prajnesh will have to beat Italy's Salvatore Caruso on Thursday in order to enter the main draw of the ATP event.
In another match, Ramkumar Ramanathan lost to Croatia's Filip Krajinovic 4-6, 0-6 to bow out of the qualifiers.
Prajnesh, 29, made his Grand Slam debut earlier this year at the Australian Open and played his first ATP World Tour match in June 2018.
The Indian Wells, which is scheduled to begin on Thursday, will see Rohan Bopanna and his Canadian partner Denis Shapovalov take on Bruno Soares and Jamie Murray in the men's doubles first round.
- Indian sports news wrap, November 29
- Champions League 2023: Early qualification delights Atletico coach Simeone
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Tamil Nadu beats Baroda; Mumbai, Saurashtra win; Bengal beats MP by 194 runs
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament