World number one Ashleigh Barty announced her engagement to longtime partner Garry Kissick on social media on Tuesday.
"Future husband," the Australian wrote in a caption to a photo posted on Instagram that showed the smiling couple embracing with her engagement ring in full view.
Barty, 25, will finish the year ranked world number one for the third consecutive time after winning five tournaments this season, including Wimbledon, to claim her second major title.
She last competed at the US Open in September before returning home to Australia, and can expect the strong support of fans in Melbourne Park at January's Australian Open.
- Full list of highest T20I totals successfully chased against India: Australia sets new record in Guwahati
- IND vs AUS: Deepak Chahar added to India’s squad for T20I series against Australia
- PCB waives off 50 per cent match fee fine imposed on Azam Khan for displaying Palestine flag
- IND vs AUS: Maxwell concedes 30 runs off last over as India scores mammoth 222 against Australia in 3rd T20I
- Ruturaj Gaikwad smashes maiden international century; becomes first Indian to score T20I hundred against Australia