Gujarat Titans returned to winning ways at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad on Tuesday, beating Mumbai Indians by 55 runs. Hardik Pandya’s men broke the jinx of not being able to defend totals at home this season while registering its first ever win against MI.
GT registered its highest IPL total - 207 for six - with a Shubman Gill half-century and a deadly David Miller-Abhinav Manohar six-fest. The host’s Afghan spin duo of Rashid Khan and Noor Ahmad then strangled the MI batters in the chase as the Titans leapt to the second spot with its fifth win.
- Columbian rider Miguel Lopez provisionally suspended for potential anti-doping rule violation
- Bronny James, son of LeBron, suffers cardiac arrest
- Brij Bhushan, his son not part of electoral college for WFI polls but son-in-law to represent Bihar
- Athletes will like Paris Olympic Village, says chief Bach
- FIFA Women’s World Cup: New Zealand players in tears after World Cup shock loss to Philippines, says coach