The Indian women’s basketball team had a disappointing outing as it lost 61-84 to Chinese Taipei at the 18th Asian Games here on Sunday.
This was India’s second defeat in the group stage, having earlier lost to Kazakhstan 61—79.
In the Group A match, India trailed 28-33 at half-time. Its encouraging show in the first half, however, came to nought as Chinese Taipei raced away with the game in the second half.
At the end of the third quarter, the wheels came off India's challenge as Chinese Taipei opened up a massive 64-45 lead.
The Chinese Taipei women continued their dominance in the final quarter with India left to play catch up.
India next plays Unified Korea on Monday and then take on host Indonesia on Aug 23.
- Sunil Chhetri says ISL is getting better every year, cites example of Jhingan to show growth of Indian football
- India vs Korea, Asian Games 2023, Volleyball LIVE Updates: Vinit Kumar led India takes on Hwang Taekeui’s Korea
- F1: Oscar Piastri extends Mclaren contract to 2026
- Antim Panghal beats reigning World Champion Parrish in World Championships
- Mapi Leon, Patri Guijarro say leaving Spain women’s squad despite deal