The Tamil Nadu government today announced an additional cash incentive of Rs 30 lakh each to athletes Arokia Rajiv and Dharun Ayyasamy for winning a second silver medal in the ongoing Asian Games in Jakarta.
Chief Minister K Palaniswami wrote to both the athletes, who won silver medals in 4X400 mts men’s relay, and lauded their efforts for making the state and India proud.
“On behalf of Tamil Nadu government, I once again congratulate you. You will now receive this high cash incentive of Rs 30 lakh, apart from the one already announced by me,” he said in the letters.
On August 28, the government had announced Rs 30 lakh each to Rajiv and Ayyasamy for grabbing silver in 400m mixed relay team and 400 metre hurdles, respectively.
- WPL 2024: Sajana smashes last ball six as Mumbai Indians seals dramatic opener vs Delhi Capitals
- MI vs DC Highlights, WPL 2024: Last-ball six from Sajana clinches thriller for Mumbai Indians
- Dubai Championships 2024: Qualifier Kalinskaya upsets World No. 1 Swiatek, faces Paolini in final
- ISL 2023-24: Bipin grabs brace as Mumbai City cruises to win against Chennaiyin
- Manchester United to play Arsenal in one of FIFA World Cup 2026 venues during pre-season