Harmanpreet Kaur will lead the Indian women’s team in the T20 cricket competition in September’s Asian Games in Hangzhou.
Smriti Mandhana will be Kaur’s deputy in the 15-member squad as the group will have a strong chance of medalling in the comeptition to add to its Commonwealth Games silver.
The women’s cricket tournament will take place from September 19 to 28 at Zhejiang University of Technology Pingfeng Cricket Field.
The Indian team recently beat Bangladesh 2-1 in a T20I series away from home.
India women’s squad
- MI vs DC Highlights, WPL 2024: Last-ball six from Sajana clinches thriller for Mumbai Indians
- Dubai Championships 2024: Qualifier Kalinskaya upsets World No. 1 Swiatek, faces Paolini in final
- ISL 2023-24: Bipin grabs brace as Mumbai City cruises to win against Chennaiyin
- Manchester United to play Arsenal in one of FIFA World Cup 2026 venues during pre-season
- Mike Tyson, Francis Ngannou set for Professional Fighters League debut in Saudi Arabia