India’s Amit Kumar Saroha has clinched the gold medal in the men’s club throw F51 event, at the World Para Athletics Grand Prix in Tunisia.
The wheelchair-bound Indian athlete, a world silver medallist, produced the season’s best performance of 29.42m to bag the gold, while in the men’s shot put F57 Kuniya Puyil Sujith threw 11.47m with teammate Bhagat Singh (11.19m) in second place - the only para athletes to go beyond the 11-metre mark.
“Many thanks @saimedia for all the support and motivating words. Always proud to represent my beloved country India. Much gratitude,” Amit tweeted.
In 2010, Amit had won a silver in discus throw at the Asian Para Games in China. Two years later, he won a gold in the Olympic qualifier event in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, breaking the Asian record along the way.
At the 2014 Asian Para Games, Amit won two medals -- a gold in club throw and a silver in discus throw.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Padikkal powers Karnataka to 7 wicket win over Bihar ; TN, Mumbai, Saurashtra, Bengal register wins
- Indian sports news wrap, November 29
- New skipper Masood wants Pakistan to ‘change history’ on Australia tour
- Champions League 2023: Early qualification delights Atletico coach Simeone
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff