India’s Seema Punia won bronze in the women’s discus at the Hangzhou Asian Games in Sunday.
Her 58.62m throw, a season’s best for the Haryanvi athlete, won her bronze with China’s Feng Bin (67.93m) and Jiang Zhichao (61.04m) taking gold and silver respectively.
The 40-year-old is a two-time Asian Games medallist who won gold at the Incheon Games in 2014 and bronze in the Jakarta edition in 2018. Punia also has four Commonwealth Games medals to her name.
(More to follow)
- WTA Finals 2023: Pegula eases past Rybakina in opener
- La Liga 2023-24: Morata scores again as Atletico tops Alaves to tie record of 14 straight home wins; Sociedad, Athletic held to draw
- Ligue 1 2023-24: Marseille-Lyon match called off after team bus attacked
- Mexico City GP: Red Bull’s Verstappen dominates to record 16th win this season
- Ballon d’Or: Full list of men’s award winners from 1956 to 2023