Haryana’s promising javelin thrower Deepika and pole vaulter Vanshika Ghanghas broke under-18 national records on the final day of the 17th National youth athletics championships in Bhopal on Monday.
Deepika bettered her three-month old javelin record with a 51.84m effort while Vanshika cleared 3.56m and broke Nivya Antony’s five-year-old record in the girls pole vault.
Meanwhile, West Bengal sprinter Almas Kabir set a new meet record clocking 21.68s while taking the boys’ 200m gold.
The results (gold medallists only):
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Nair’s knock gives Vidarbha the upper hand against Karnataka on Day 2
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Indrajith steps up as Tamil Nadu asserts control against Saurashtra
- RCB vs UPW Live Score, WPL 2024: Warriorz win toss and chose to bowl first; eyes on Mandhana, Healy
- Odisha FC vs Mohun Bagan Highlights, OFC 0-0 MBSG, ISL 2023-24: Sadiku and Mauricio miss chances for both sides leaving it all square
- Bowl stump to stump: MP’s Anubhav shines with the ball against Andhra after following coach Pandit’s advice