Dutee Chand on Friday was granted visa to travel to Europe and participate in a couple of races in her bid to qualify for the World Athletics Championships.
On Thursday, the athlete had requested the External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar to help her get visa so that she can participate in the competitions.
Dutee, who recently became the first Indian woman track and field athlete to clinch a gold medal in the World University Games, is slated to compete in 100m dash in two IAAF-approved races -- one in Ireland on August 13 and another in Germany on August 19.
While Dutee asked for help a day earlier, sources said that the athlete had applied for the visa last week and had planned to depart from India on Friday.
The World Championships qualifying timing is 11.24 seconds and the 2020 Olympic Games cut-off is 11.15.
She ran her personal best and achieved a national record time of 11.26 seconds in Doha in April during the Asian Championships.
- RCB vs UPW Live Score, WPL 2024: Warriorz struggle in chase of 158 as Asha removes McGrath, Vrinda
- Sri Lanka T20 skipper Wanindu Hasaranga gets two-match ban for abusing umpire
- India loses to Australia in shootout of FIH Men’s Pro League
- Pune Challenger 2024: Vacherot storms into final with a comeback win against Sweeny
- Indian sports wrap, February 24