Javelin thrower Kishore Jena’s visa was approved by the Hungarian Embassy on Friday, allowing him to compete in the World Athletics Championships in Budapest starting August 19.
Jena, one of the four Indian javelin throwers to qualify, won gold in the Sri Lankan National Championships with a personal best of 84.38m and qualified for the event through the world ranking quota.
Olympic champion Neeraj Chopra had urged the government to help Jena obtain his Hungary visa.
“Just heard that there are issues with Kishore Jena’s visa, preventing him from entering Hungary for the World Championships. I hope the authorities are able to find a solution, as this is one of the biggest moments of his career. Let’s do everything we can,” Chopra wrote on his social media on Thursday.
- ENG vs NED Live Score, World Cup 2023: England, Netherlands eye Champions Trophy 2025 berth; Toss at 1:30 PM IST
- England vs Netherlands, LIVE Streaming Info, World Cup 2023: When and where to watch ENG vs NED match today?
- Saudi Pro League champion Al-Ittihad sacks coach Espirito Santo
- FIH Hockey Olympic Qualifiers: Indian women’s team to face New Zealand, USA and Italy in Pool B
- How Afghanistan’s rapid ascent in 2023 ODI World Cup came to be: A behind-the-scenes look