M. Sreeshankar, the men’s long jump national record holder, will miss the Federation Cup, the main qualification event for next month’s Asian athletics championships in Doha, as he is down with an injury.
“I will be skipping the Federation Cup because of a heel injury. It got aggravated after the third Indian Grand Prix at Sangrur,” Sreeshankar told Sportstar on Monday.
“The doctor has advised me two weeks of rest with a rehab programme.”
Sreeshankar hopes to be fit in time for the Asian championships, which begins in Doha on April 21, but the Athletics Federation of India has made it clear that the Federation Cup, which will be held in Patiala from March 15 to 18, will be the main qualification event for the continental event.
- IND-W vs ENG-W, 3rd T20I: Mandhana, bowlers guide India to five-wicket win over England
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Dinesh Karthik-led Tamil Nadu faces heavyweight Mumbai in quarterfinal
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: After domestic career rejuvenation at Kerala, Shreyas Gopal hopes for IPL resurgence
- PKL 2023, Jaipur Pink Panthers vs Gujarat Giants, Bengaluru Bulls vs UP Yoddhas: When, where to watch, H2H records
- Pro Tennis League: Defending champion Gurgaon Sapphires retains its crown, beats Ichiban Samurai