Karnataka’s Shaili Singh broke the U-16 girls long jump national record with an effort of 5.94m in the 34th National junior athletics championships which began in Ranchi on Friday.
In other notable performances, Punjab’s Jasmine Kaur bettered the U-16 girls shot put national record (14.27m) while another Punjab girl, Renu set a new meet record in the U-20 girls long jump (6.22m). In the boys’ section, Maharashtra’s Deepak Yadav broke the U-18 boys pole vault meet record (4.79m).
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 2 Semifinal 2024: Musheer, Rahane rebuild after early wicket; Mantri, Gawali continue for MP
- San Diego Open 2024: Kostyuk knocks out top seed Pegula, faces Boulter in final
- Tiger Woods wins Bob Jones Award, highest USGA honour
- Kipchoge struggles to 10th place as Kipruto wins Tokyo Marathon
- Manchester City vs Manchester United Live Streaming: When and where to watch Derby; Predicted XI, Preview