Asian champion P.U. Chitra bagged the women’s 1500m gold while Asian Games gold medallist Jinson Johnson broke the men’s 1500m national record in the Next Generation athletics meet at Nijmegen, Netherlands, on Saturday.
Chitra clocked 4:13.52s, while Jinson timed 3:37.62 and bettered his own Indian record of 3:37.86s as he finished sixth. Former Asian champion Ajay Kumar Saroj also clocked a personal best 3:40.39 while finishing 11.
Uganda’s Ronald Musagala won the gold in 3:35.81s while Kenya’s former under-20 World champion Kumari Taki took the silver (3:36.05).
In the women’s 1500m, Iceland’s former under-18 800m World champion Anita Hinriksdottir finished behind Chitra in 4:14.00s.
- Mitrovic’s late brace helps seal a huge win for Al Hilal against Ronald’s Al Nassr in Saudi Pro League
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr Highlights, HIL 3-0 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Savic, Mitrovic scores, Ronaldo’s goal ruled off side
- Aston Villa makes official complaint to UEFA after Legia Warsaw violence
- India Women’s squads for Tests, England T20Is announced: Saika Ishaque, Shubha Satheesh get maiden call-ups
- SA vs IND: Sai Sudharsan ‘lost for words’ after maiden India call-up for South Africa ODIs