‘Athletics Family’, comprising all the trainees under the Sports Authority of India coach N. Ramesh, have pooled in about ₹59, 000 to contribute to the Telangana Chief Minister’s relief fund to help alleviate the COVID-19 crisis.
Ramesh informed on Friday that he had personally contributed ₹10,000, while P. Shankar (now working with ONHC), Mrudula and K. Laxman have contributed ₹1500, ₹2000, and ₹3000 respectively. The others, most of them being unemployed and SAI inmates and Eenadu Project coaches, contributed in their own small way.
“It is really heartening to see such a good response from my trainees to the call to be of some help to the needy even as the Governments, both at the Centre and in the State, are waging a grim battle to curb the dreaded virus,” Ramesh said in a statement.
- IND A vs ENG A Women, 3rd T20: Issy Wong shines again as England beats India by two wickets to win series 2-1
- WI vs ENG: Sam Curran sets unwanted record for most runs conceded by England bowler in ODI history
- WI vs ENG, 1st ODI: West Indies completes its second highest successful run-chase, beats England by four wickets
- I-League 2023-24 Top Scorers: Here are the leading goalscorers after matchday seven
- EURO 2024 playoffs: Which are the teams involved, when will the matches be played?