Russian athletes are permitted to attend the upcoming Doha Athletics World Championships as Authorised Neutral Athletes as the IAAF was yet to reinstate the status of the Russian Athletics Federation (RusAF).
In the council meeting of world athletics governing body IAAF which took place on Monday, Rune Andersen, the independent chairman of the IAAF Taskforce, said there was “a recurring problem” of banned coaches working with athletes, reports Xinhua news agency.
Andersen said for now it was hard “to tell if the reported measures taken by RusAF will work, therefore the associated conditions for reinstatement have not been met.”
Therefore in Doha, 30 Russian athletes will take part in the competition as authorised neutral athletes.
The Doha world championships run from September 27 to October 6.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 7: TN qualifies for quarterfinals; Karnataka stutters in chase vs Mizoram
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Himachal’s Arpit Guleria records eight wickets against Gujarat, third Indian to feat in List A
- Ethiopian Yehualaw, Kenya’s Ebenyo to make debuts at Tata Steel Kolkata 25K on December 17
- Glenn Maxwell hopes for a Test recall, sets eyes on Sri Lanka tour
- Karun Nair hopes for a national comeback after career reset with Vidarbha