World’s top two players Carlos Alcaraz and Novak Djokovic will in action on Saturday at the Cincinnati Open 2023 semifinals where they will be up against Hubert Hurkacz and Alexander Zverev respectively.
Alcaraz and Djokovic could potentially setup a rematch of Wimbledon 2023 finals if they manage to win their respective semifinal games.
Both the semifinals will be played at the Centre Court after the women’s matches get completed.
When and where to watch?
The top seed Alcaraz played a tough game against Max Purcell in the quarterfinals losing the first set 4-6 before winning the next two 6-3, 6-4 to advance to the semifinals.
Hurkacz too had some nervy moments in the second set against Alexei Popyrin but eventually came out on top to win the quarterfinal in straight sets 6-1, 7-6.
The duo has played against each other twice and Alcaraz on top on both the occasions. Alcaraz met Hurkacz recently in the Canadian Open round of 16 where the 20-year-old defeated the world number 20 3-6, 7-6, 7-6.
Played - 2 | Alcaraz - 2 | Hurkacz - 0
Djokovic vs Zverev
The world number two Djokovic breezed past ninth seed Taylor Fritz 6-0, 6-4 in the quarterfinals and Zverev too had a rather comfortable game against Adrian Mannarino where he beat him 6-2, 6-3.
Djokovic has played against Zverev 11 times and has come out on top seven times.
This will be the first time since Italian Open 2021 semifinal where the duo will face each other, more than two years. The German defeated Djokovic 6-7, 6-4, 6-3.
Played - 11 | Djokovic - 7 | Zverev - 4
- Pakistan vs Afghanistan Live Score, World Cup 2023: PAK 282/7 (50); Shafique, Babar score fifties; Noor picks three
- India’s eFootball star Hemanth Kommu triumphs in Asian Qualifiers, secures Global Esports Games 2023 berth
- Bishan Singh Bedi no more: Kumble, Ashwin pay tributes to former India spin legend
- Saudi gamer prince announces eSports World Cup in 2024
- Former India captain and legendary spinner Bishan Singh Bedi passes away aged 77