Top Indian shuttler B. Sai Praneeth jumped one place to reach career-best 11th spot, while world champion P.V. Sindhu remained unchanged at sixth in the latest BWF world rankings released on Tuesday.
Praneeth, who won a bronze in the World Championships in August, had a best men’s singles career rank of 12th before Tuesday. He had beaten Olympic champion Lin Dan in the Denmark Open last week in the round of 32 before losing to Kento Momota of Japan in the pre-quarterfinals.
Kidambi Srikanth dropped one place to 10th, while Sameer Verma also slipped one spot to be 18th in the list headed by Momota.
In the women’s singles, Sindhu remained static at sixth, wheres another Olympic medallist Saina Nehwal moved down one place to be ninth in the list headed by Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei.
- National Boxing Championships 2023: Amit Panghal, Shiva Thapa clinch gold as SSCB defends its title
- EURO 2024 schedule: Full list of matches, groups, kick-off time, venues, dates
- Athletics Federation of India set to become India’s first paperless NSF
- Indian sports news wrap, December 2: Rethin, Aishi win ITF junior titles; Elavenil clinches shooting nationals gold
- Syed Modi International: Priyanshu through to semifinal