Paralympic champion Krishna Nagar continued his good form as he won three gold medals at the 4th National Para Badminton Championship here on Sunday.
Nagar repeated his 2019 National's feat of winning three gold as he emerged champion in all the categories he participated in -- singles, men’s doubles and mixed doubles.
Krishna easily beat Sudharshan 21-12 21-12 in the men’s singles SH6 category in a game that lasted just 20 minutes.
In mixed doubles, Nagar and Nithya Sre breezed past Dhinagaran and Latatai Umrekar in 17 minutes.
In the men’s double, he and Raja Magotra defeated the duo of Dhinagaran and Sivarajan 21-15, 21-15 in 35 minutes.
Nagar's disability classification if for players of short stature.
"I am delighted with my performance, winning all 3 gold in consecutive Nationals is a great feeling. My focus right now is on the upcoming international tournaments. This win will surely boost my confidence and help me prepare better," Nagar said.
In a major upset, Nitesh Rana of Haryana beat Paralympic gold medallist Pramod Baghat 21-17 21-19 to book a berth in the final of men's singles SL3 category.
In SL3 classification, athletes with lower limb impairment compete.
- LIVE Bayern vs Man United score, Champions League 2023-24: Kick-off at 12:30 AM IST; Lineups out; BAY vs MUN updates
- Asian Games 2023: Indian football looks for silver lining in Hangzhou; Mandhana eyes win cricket’s quarterfinal
- Bayern Munich vs Manchester United, Champions League: Stage set for tactical showdown of Ten Hag and Tuchel
- India-W vs Malaysia-W Dream11 Prediction, Asian Games quarterfinal: Predicted XI, fantasy teams, squads for Hangzhou 2023
- India to face Pakistan in away tie in Davis Cup 2024 World Group I Play-Off