Indian pair of MR Arjun and Dhruv Kapila advanced into the men’s doubles pre-quarter finals of the Singapore Open Super 500 badminton tournament here on Tuesday.
Arjun and Kapila, only Indians in fray, faced some resistance in the first game before breezing past the German duo of Jones Ralfy Jansen and Jan Colin Voelker 21-19 21-9 in 34 minutes.
The Indian duo will be up against Sze Fei Goh and Nur Izzuddin of Malaysia in the next round.
Shyam Prasad Garaga and Vishnuvardhan Goud Panjala crashed out in the first round, going down 21-15 19-21 21-17 to local duo of Hee Yong Kai Terry and Loh Kean Hean in a hard-fought three-game tie lasting 50 minutes.
Indian top men’s doubles pair of Chirag Shetty and Satwiksairaj Rankireddy have withdrawn from the event as the latter is recovering from an injury.
In women’s d oubles, Simran Singhi and Ritika Thaker were no challenge to second seeded Thai pair of Jongkolphan Kititharakul and Rawinda Prajongjai, who won 21-7 21-18 in 35 minutes.
- IND vs ENG Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 4: IND beats ENG by five wickets, takes 3-1 unassailable lead
- WTC 2023-25 Points Table Update: India extends lead at 2nd place after IND vs ENG 4th Test
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 4 Quarterfinal updates: MP beats Andhra by 4 runs; Prithvi Shaw falls for 87 vs Baroda
- PKL 10: Patna Pirates defender Krishan Dhull gears up for playoff challenge against Dabang Delhi
- Nike to release Australia women’s goalkeeper jersey after backlash