Swiss Open winners Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty retired midway in the first round of the Spain Masters Super 300 event on Wednesday.
The top Indian pair were 9-11 against Japan’s Ayato Endo and Yuta Takei when they decided to quit.
Kidambi Srikanth edged Thailand’s Thammasin Sitthikom 21-11, 25-27, 23-21 in a match that lasted a minute and five seconds.
In the women’s double event, Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopichand failed to conquer the Japanese pairing of Rena Miyaura and Ayako Sakuramoto and ended the match with 18-21, 16-21 scoreline in 39 minutes.
India’s Aakarshi Kashyap came from behind to defeat Michelle Li of Canada. The sixth seeded Canadian took the first game 21-12, however, Aakarshi bounced back 21-15, 21-18 in the next two games.
Later in the day, Kidambi Srikanth and PV Sindhu will face Thammasin Sitthikom of Thailand and Switzerland’s Jenjira Stadelmann, respectively.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Tamil Nadu beats Baroda; Mumbai, Saurashtra win; MP in deep trouble v Bengal
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.