Young shuttler Lakshya Sen stormed into the finals of the men’s singles of the 11th Tata Open India International Challenge here on Saturday after registering a come-from-behind win against Thailand’s Kantawat Leelavechabutr.
After losing the first set, 17-year-old Sen bounced back in style and won the next two sets to book his place in the final.
Sen, who has been impressive throughout the tournament, won the semi-final clash -- 17-21, 21-9, 21-12.
Sen has made it to the finals of the tournament for the second consecutive time.
Meanwhile, in the women’s singles category, Ashmita Chaliha defeated Thailand’s Chananchida Jucharoen in straight sets -- 21-19, 21-19 -- and made her way into the finals.
Ashmita will face Vrushali Gummadi in the summit clash as the latter defeated compatriot and third-seeded Mugdha Agrey in straight sets 21-11, 21-12 in the other semi-final.
- Karnam Malleswari: I feel proud that I was the first one to overcome the hurdles that woman athletes face
- Energy-sapped Chelsea rues missed chances against Liverpool
- Olympics: Anju Bobby George says Parul Chaudhary among ones to watch out for
- Playing the Ranji Trophy at the start of the season in October is a prudent call: Sunil Gavaskar
- P.V. Sindhu: Bouncing back in style at Badminton Asia Team Championships