Milwaukee Bucks superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo has not been playing basketball during the NBA hiatus as he does not have access to a hoop at home.
The NBA suspended the season on March 11 amid the coronavirus pandemic, which has claimed more than 58,800 lives globally from over one million confirmed cases.
The United States has the highest number of cases – exceeding 275,800 – as basketballers and fellow professional athletes are forced to stay fit at home.
However, reigning NBA MVP Antetokounmpo has been unable play basketball within his Wisconsin house.
"So, I don't have access to hoop," Antetokounmpo said during a conference call on Friday.
"A lot of NBA players have a court in their house or something, but now I just get home workouts. Ride the bike, treadmill, lift weights and pretty much stay sharp that way, but I don't play basketball."
Antetokounmpo – whose Bucks was leading the NBA prior to the postponement – added: "Obviously, they give us bands, a bike. "They provide us with workouts that we can do at home and also provide us with food. They have a catering company that brings food for us and our families in the house.
"That's pretty much it. We're supposed to stay home, do our workouts, take care of our bodies at home, and that's pretty much it."
"Spending time with your family is great," Antetokounmpo continued. "We don't get to do that a lot during the season, but at the end of the day, I know everybody in this group misses basketball. Everybody on the team misses playing basketball."
- WPL 2024 MI vs DC Live Score: Lanning, Shafali take guard; Ismail starts well
- WPL 2024 Opening Ceremony highlights: SRK steals the show, captains unveil trophy in star-studded evening
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Sai Kishore’s fifer keeps Tamil Nadu in command against Saurashtra on Day 1
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: ‘Job far from done,’ says Musheer Khan after his maiden First-Class century against Baroda
- F1: Verstappen calls on tracks to ‘double-check’ safety after loose drain cover stops testing again ahead of Bahrain GP