The NBA fined Los Angeles Lakers guard Rajon Rondo $35,000 after he was ejected against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Rondo paid the price for "unsportsmanlike physical contact" on Thunder guard Dennis Schroder in Friday's 130-127 win in Oklahoma City.
The Lakers veteran was assessed a Flagrant Foul 2 and ejected in the fourth quarter at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
Rondo appeared to kick Schroder, with the NBA penalising the former for "verbal abuse of a game official and failing to leave the court in a timely manner upon his ejection".
The Lakers' Rondo is averaging 7.2 points, 2.8 rebounds and 5.6 assists this season.
- IND vs NZ Live Score Updates, World Cup 2023 Semifinal: IND 221/1 (31); Kohli fifty drives India after Gill retires hurt
- Most ODI runs in a calendar year: Gill equals Ganguly during IND vs NZ CWC23 match, Sachin at top
- IND vs NZ: Virat Kohli records most 50+ scores in single World Cup edition
- IND vs NZ: Shubman Gill retires hurt during World Cup 2023 semifinal
- IND vs NZ: Can Shubman Gill return to bat after going off retired hurt? MCC Law explained