The Toronto Raptors may or may not be able to entice Kawhi Leonard to re-sign, but center Marc Gasol is returning.
Gasol is exercising his $25.6million option and will return for next season, the NBA champion announced on Wednesday.
The 7-1 center averaged 13.6 points, 7.9 points and 4.4 assists per game last season, splitting time between the Memphis Grizzlies and the Raptors, who acquired him in a deal in February.
He averaged 12 points and 7.3 rebounds per game in the NBA Finals as the Raptors knocked off the Golden State Warriors for its first NBA title.
On the free agent front, Leonard has already reportedly opted out of his contract and will become an unrestricted free agent, although Toronto hopes to re-sign the two-time NBA Finals MVP.
Guards Danny Green, Jodie Meeks, Jeremy Lin, and forward Eric Moreland are also unrestricted free agents.
The team has reportedly tendered a $1.8m offer to restricted free agent Patrick McCaw.
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out obstructing the field in second Test against New Zealand
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup
- Manchester United vs Chelsea: Top five Premier League clashes
- ISL 2023-24: Mohun Bagan Super Giant looks to avenge AFC Cup loss against Odisha FC
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview