The Los Angeles Clippers edged the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA on Monday, while Jimmy Butler inspired the Miami Heat.
Facing his former team, Kawhi Leonard top-scored for the Clippers with 22 points in the 108-105 victory.
Paul George had a double-double of 19 points and 12 rebounds, to go with eight assists, in the Clippers' win. LaMarcus Aldridge (27 points) and DeMar DeRozan (26) almost saw San Antonio to a surprise result.
Butler lifted the Miami Heat to a 137-106 win over the Philadelphia 76ers.
He had 38 points and seven rebounds, while Goran Dragic contributed 24 points and six assists as Miami improved to 34-15 and left Philadelphia at 31-20.
Porzingis shines, Tatum tremendous
Kristaps Porzingis' 38 points and 12 rebounds helped the Luka Doncic-less Dallas Mavericks past the Indiana Pacers 112-103.
For the Pacers, Domantas Sabonis finished with 26 points, 12 rebounds and nine assists.
Jayson Tatum powered the Boston Celtics past the Atlanta Hawks 123-115 thanks to 28 points and seven rebounds.
Kevin Love's double-double of 33 points and 13 rebounds was not enough for the Cleveland Cavaliers, who went down to the New York Knicks 139-134 after overtime.
Jackson, Doumbouya struggle
Reggie Jackson went one-of-16 from the field and Sekou Doumbouya was two-of-15 in the Detroit Pistons' 96-82 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies.
Young from deep
Trae Young hit a shot from the logo in the Hawks' loss to the Celtics. He finished with 34 points.
Bucks at Pelicans
The high-flying Milwaukee Bucks (42-7) takes on the New Orleans Pelicans (20-30) at the Smoothie King Center on Tuesday.
- Asian Games 2023, September 30, HIGHLIGHTS: Indian men’s squash team wins gold; Rohan-Rutuja duo wins tennis mixed doubles gold; finishes 4th with 10 gold medals
- East Bengal vs Hyderabad FC LIVE score, EBFC 1-1 HFC; ISL 2023-24: Cleiton, Hitesh goals keep scores level
- Asian Games 2023: India medals tally on September 30, all winners list
- India vs Pakistan hockey, HIGHLIGHTS Asian Games 2023: IND thrashes PAK 10-2 in Pool A match
- Indian sports news wrap, September 30