Injuries to Giannis Antetokounmpo of Milwaukee Bucks and Ja Morant of Memphis Grizzlies were the marring undertones as the opening games in the NBA Playoffs first-round were completed on Sunday night.
Giannis fell awkwardly on his back after being fouled by Miami Heat’s Kevin Love. The Bucks’ forward tried to fight through the pain and play but took no part in the game as his team lost Game 1.
Later in the match, Heat’s Tyler Herro also had to leave the court after suffering a hand injury.
During Memphis Grizzlies and Los Angeles Lakers game, Morant fell on his hand while trying to drive to the rim.
While Herro is ruled out from the second game, there were no updates on Giannis and Morant.
Here is the list of injured players during the NBA Playoffs and their duration of absence:
Injured Players and their expected duration of absence
Giannis Antetokounmpo - Milwaukee Bucks - Missed Game 2
Ja Morant - Memphis Grizzlies - Missed Game 2 and 3
Tyler Herro - Miami Heat - Ruled out of MIL vs MIA Game 2
Joel Embiid - Philadelphia 76ers - Ruled out of Game 4
Kawhi Leonard - Los Angeles Clippers - Ruled out of series
Paul George - Los Angeles Clippers - Ruled out of entire PHX vs LAC series
- Belief in right path will pay off for the struggling Germany side says coach Nagelsmann
- Injury-stricken India looks to beat the odds against Qatar in FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifier
- Thompson-Herah names new coach after recent split with former trainer
- After ATP Finals success, Djokovic eyes second Davis Cup title for Serbia
- ATP finals win a fitting end to Djokovic’s record breaking 2023 season