The NBA season will not resume for at least 30 days, commissioner Adam Silver said on Thursday.
Utah Jazz stars Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell have tested positive for coronavirus and the NBA announced on Wednesday it was suspending its season.
Silver said the suspension would last at least a month due to coronavirus, which has killed 4,983 people around the world.
"What we determined today is that this hiatus will be most likely at least 30 days," he told TNT .
"We don't know enough to be more specific than that, but we wanted to give direction to our players and teams and to our fans that this is going to be roughly at least a month."
Silver said there was a possibility the rest of the NBA campaign and the playoffs would be cancelled.
"Of course it's possible," he said. "I just don't know more at this point."
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 4: Australia 185/6 (66 overs); Jadeja gets Green but lead goes past 350
- Life comes full circle for Lallianzuala Chhangte with his goal in Intercontinental Cup 2023
- Carlos Carvalhal leaves Celta Vigo after Liga slump
- Swiatek vs Muchova, French Open 2023 Women’s Final: Preview, Head-to-head record, streaming info
- Asia Cup Stage 3: Indian archers finish with six silver and 1 bronze medal