The NBA season will not resume for at least 30 days, commissioner Adam Silver said on Thursday.
Utah Jazz stars Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell have tested positive for coronavirus and the NBA announced on Wednesday it was suspending its season.
Silver said the suspension would last at least a month due to coronavirus, which has killed 4,983 people around the world.
"What we determined today is that this hiatus will be most likely at least 30 days," he told TNT .
"We don't know enough to be more specific than that, but we wanted to give direction to our players and teams and to our fans that this is going to be roughly at least a month."
Silver said there was a possibility the rest of the NBA campaign and the playoffs would be cancelled.
"Of course it's possible," he said. "I just don't know more at this point."
- IND vs AUS Live Score Updates, 3rd T20: India 132/3 (14); Half century for Gaikwad;
- Former England and Everton defender Phil Jagielka retires
- Indian football has progressed, but more work at grassroots needed: Spurs legend King
- FIFA U-17 World Cup: France enters final after beating Mali 2-1
- IND A vs ENG A T20Is: Future prospects in focus as India A women face England A