The WNBA suspended Chicago Sky forward Ruthy Hebard for one game and fined six other players for their roles in recent altercations.
The league announced the disciplinary measures on Monday night, issuing undisclosed fines to Los Angeles Sparks guard Layshia Clarendon, Dallas Wings forward Arike Ogunbowale, Sky guard Courtney Williams and three Washington Mystics players: guards Brittney Sykes and Ariel Atkins and center Shakira Austin.
Hebard received the one-game ban for leaving the bench to join a dustup during Sunday’s 104-96 road win against the Wings. Williams was fined for leaving the bench area.
Sykes and Clarendon were both ejected after a physical confrontation during the final minute of the Sparks’ 91-83 home win against the Mystics on Sunday.
Atkins and Austin, who are both injured, were fined for leaving the Mystics’ bench.
Ogunbowale drew her fine for criticizing officials after the game and making contact with an official during the Wings’ loss to Chicago.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 4: IND needs 152 more to take unassailable series lead; Rohit, Jaiswal at crease
- Inter Miami vs LA Galaxy LIVE score, MLS updates: Messi starts, lineups OUT! Preview, streaming info; Kick-off at 7:30am IST
- East Bengal vs Chennaiyin FC LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch EBFC v CFC, preview, predicted XI
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Rohit Sharma completes 4000 runs in Tests
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr highlights, SHB 2-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Talisca brace, Ronaldo strike guide Nassr to win and keep title race alive