India's most decorated boxer M. C. Mary Kom has congratulated Nikhat Zareen after the 25-year-old won the World Women's Boxing Championships in Istanbul on Thursday.
Nikhat Zareen beat Thai Olympian Jutamas Jitpong 5-0 in the 52kg category to become the fifth Indian woman to win a World title.
"Congratulations Nikhat for winning Gold medal. So proud of you on your historic performances and all the best for your future endeavors," the eight-time World Championship medallist wrote on Twitter.
There is a perception of bad blood between the two boxers, with Nikhat having emerged as a challenger to Mary Kom.
- Ranji Trophy Highlights 2024 Quarterfinals Day 2 Updates: Baroda starts well in Mumbai chase; TN increases lead vs SAU
- Odisha FC vs Mohun Bagan LIVE Score, OFC 0-0 MBSG, ISL 2023-24: Match updates, score and more
- One month before IPL 2024, Sawai Man Singh Stadium and RCA office sealed by Rajasthan Sports Council
- WPL 2024: Sajana Sajeevan - From paddy field cricket to overnight star for Mumbai Indians
- Indian sports wrap, February 24