Indian Grandmaster P. Harikrishna drew his third round game against Noel Studer of Switzerland in the Classical event of the 53rd Biel International Chess Festival in Switzerland on Thursday.
The world No. 26 Indian is currently in fourth spot with 13.5 points after the 52-move draw against his Swiss opponent.
Harikrishna had drawn his second round game against Arkadij Naiditsch.
In another match, Radoslaw Wojtaszek (Poland) and English veteran Michael Adams shared the honours, leaving the former on top of the standings with 15.5 points.
Harikrishna had earlier finished second in the rapid section of the tournament and won the Chess960 event.
The Biel Chess Festival, the first major event to be played over the board amid the COVID-19 pandemic, is being held by adhering to all health protocols, according to the tournament website.
At the chessboard, the distance was increased by having two tables between the players. All pieces, boards and chess clocks were cleaned up after each game. Also, spectators are not allowed at the venue.
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr highlights, SHB 2-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Talisca brace, Ronaldo strike guide Nassr to win and keep title race alive
- Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo scores milestone goal as Al Nassr edges Al Shabab to keep title race alive
- WPL 2024: Gujarat Giants stumbles to five-wicket loss against Mumbai Indians in low-scoring encounter
- Serie A 2023-24: Late Rugani goal gives Juventus 3-2 win over Frosinone
- Carabao Cup final, CHE vs LIV: Van Dijk nets extra-time winner as Liverpool beats Chelsea