Raunak Sadhwani is set to become country’s Grandmaster after continuing his spectacular unbeaten run in the FIDE Chess.com Grand Prix following a sixth successive draw on Thursday.
Even as Viswanathan Anand and B. Adhiban were battling on the leading boards, Sadhwani, 13, drew with Armenian Grandmaster Gabriel Sagrissian to take his tally to four points from seven rounds.
Sadhwani, with a rating of 2479, has already gained 23 points to cross the stipulated mark of 2500 in live ratings. Armed with two GM norms, the youngster needs to simply turn up for the next two rounds to gain his final GM norm!
His current performance rating of a whopping 2731 is enough to give him the title-making norm, provided he does not receive a walkover in the next two rounds.
Meanwhile, Fabiano Caruana and Levon Aronian shared the lead with 5.5 points. Anand and Adhiban drew their games to stay in the joint 10th spot at 4.5 points. Third seed Wesley So defeated Surya Shekhar Ganguly to match the tally of the Indian duo.
On the lower boards, S. L. Narayanan, D. Gukesh and D. Harika won with black pieces. For an unbeaten Narayanan, this was his first win after six draws.
Seventh-round results (involving Indians):
- Inter Miami vs LA Galaxy LIVE score, MLS updates: Messi starts, lineups OUT! Preview, streaming info; Kick-off at 7am IST
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 4: IND needs 152 more to win; Rohit, Jaiswal at crease
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr highlights, SHB 2-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Talisca brace, Ronaldo strike guide Nassr to win and keep title race alive
- Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo scores milestone goal as Al Nassr edges Al Shabab to keep title race alive
- WPL 2024: Gujarat Giants stumbles to five-wicket loss against Mumbai Indians in low-scoring encounter