Malmo (Sweden) Indian Grandmaster Harika Dronavalli dropped her first point in the TePe Sigeman & Co. chess tournament after going down to Swedish GM Erik Blomqvist in the third round here.
The Guntur lass, playing with white pieces, started off well, but succumbed to the persistent pressure applied by Erik to eventually lose the game yesterday.
“After good performances in the first two rounds of the tournament, I made a blunder in the third one which cost me precious points,” Harika said after the match.
With two draws and one loss so far in the campaign, Harika is in the sixth place on the leaderboard.
She will now take on table topper, GM Baadur Jobava, from Georgia in her next round game.
- IND vs ENG Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 1: England 271/7; Root nears century
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, 2023-24 Quarterfinal updates: Sai Kishore picks five; SAU 183 all out; Musheer scores hundred
- New Zealand crumbles as Australia wins second T20 to clinch series
- Loose drain cover stops F1 testing for the second day in a row
- Smriti in confident space with her cricket and leadership: RCB coach Luke Williams