Ukrainian GM Adam Tukhaev defeated overnight leader Russian GM Ivan Rozum to take the top spot with 5.5 points after the sixth round of the LIC Kolkata International Open Grandmaster chess here on Saturday.
Top seed Nigel Short beat Vietnamese Tran Tuan Minh to share the second place with seven others on five points.
Fifth round report: Rozum shoots into sole lead
Four Indians, N. Srinath, Sandipan Chanda, Deep Sengupta and Deepan Chakkravarthy, were also at the second slot. National champion M. R. Lalith Babu had to share points again as he drew with IM Harsha Bharathakoti.
- IND vs AUS: India creates record for most wins in T20Is
- India Women’s squads for Tests, England T20Is announced; Shreyanka, Saika Ishaque get maiden call-up
- India vs Australia LIVE Score Updates, 4th T20I: IND beats AUS by 20 runs and claims the series win
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr LIVE Updates, Saudi Pro League: Lineup out, Ronaldo, Mane, Talisca starts of the Knights of Najd
- Arsenal’s Kai Havertz hitting his stride, says manager Mikel Arteta