BCCI president Sourav Ganguly has said India will tour Sri Lanka for a limited-overs series comprising three ODIs and five T20Is in July 2021.
Asked in an interview with Sportstar if there was a possibility of the remainder of IPL 2021 being played in England on either side of India's five-match Test series there, Ganguly said, "No. India is supposed to go to Sri Lanka for three ODIs and five T20Is. There are lots of organisational hazards like 14-day quarantine.
"It [the IPL] can't happen in India. This quarantine is tough to handle. Too early to say how we can find a slot to complete the IPL."
According to the ICC's Future Tours Programme (FTP), India is scheduled to play three T20Is in Sri Lanka in July. Ganguly also commented on the composition of the squad, indicating that several first-choice players are likely to be missing in action given quarantine norms in Sri Lanka. "Yes, it will be a team of white-ball specialists. It will be a different team," Ganguly told PTI .
- Asia Cup 2023: Gill ton in vain as Bangladesh beats India by 6 runs
- ENG vs NZ: Scorecard, match streaming updates; New Zealand needs 312 to win
- SA vs AUS, 4th ODI Scorecard, commentary and streaming updates
- Asia Cup 2023 most runs, wickets stats: Shubman Gill tops run-scorers list, Pathirana leading wicket-taker
- FIA issues written warning to Red Bull’s Marko for Perez comments